Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CONTAMINATED PAPER GARMENT 


Final Garment


My garment was inspired by the idea of corruption. My view on the ocean was corrupted after watching the tsunami in Japan. I wanted to create a garment that also had an armor like look to it. I began the process with concept sketches and a mood board. Then, based on a pattern I designed, I made a corset and chest piece out of paper. To decorate I printed out a flower print to put on the corset to represent innocence. I also constructed some geometric triangular shapes that invaded the flower print on the side of the corset to represent corruption. To decorate the chest piece I covered the chest piece in cubes that were cascading down towed the flowers on the corset. The cubes represented corruption, I painted the top of the cubes black. 

No comments:

Post a Comment