Friday, July 13, 2012

GREY SCALE PROCESS

I have never really worked with paint before. I painted a grey scale on a illustration board. I really experimented with the different shades of grey. I mixed black and white to come up with a gradiating grey scale.



I cut and pasted together a grey scale out of little pieces of grey, black, and white pictures and I had to figure out a smooth transition from white paper to black paper.




The most interesting part really was just getting to know paint and mixing colors. Figuring out things like adding the smallest dot of white paint makes a huge difference. Also things like how to make a color brighter or more dull. I painted a color wheel, from this project I really understood how to create a particular color you want to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment