Friday, July 13, 2012

THE CORRUPTED ABSTRACT PAINTING PROCESS

I wanted to design a black and white abstract painting inspired by how I felt personally toward the Japan Tsunami. I started with a mind map, I wrote down intense emotions that I was feeling throughout watching the tsunami. The mind map also included sensory experiences like what I heard, physically felt, and saw. 





From the mind map I selected a few words that I felt strong about. I choose the word corrupted, I felt that "corrupted" was the perfect word that represented how I felt. 

 I started sketching a design that represented a sense or corruption. I came up with 3 designs that I really liked, and then narrowed it down to one design.

1st Design

2nd Design

The Final Design (The Winner!)

The final abstract painting was painted on a 12 by 12 Gesso board. I changed the composition of the final painting and tweaked my original design.

No comments:

Post a Comment