Thursday, July 12, 2012

Aloha my name is Malina or Malinka... I love to walk around everywhere and just take in everything around me. I always have my i-pod with me and a earphone in my left ear. And now I will start talking in third person boy oh boy...


Malina Yanai was born and raised in Honoulu, Hawaii. Malina started traveling as a baby and has been exposed to many different types of cultures and surroundings. She has taken inspiration from her travels and incorporated it into her work. Malina has always had a passion for creation and a strong interest in fashion. Malina grew up with a very creative household. She grew up going to textile meetings, production meetings, assisting photo shoots, and watching her mom's sportswear design company flourish. Malina started working at Betsey Johnson at the age of 14 and by the age of 17 she was working at Diane Von Furstenburg. Malina desires to build her own design label and hopes to share her  fashion designs with world. She hopes to see people on the streets wearing her clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment