Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CONTAMINATED GARMENT PROCESS

I created a garment out of painted and printed drawing paper. The garment represented armor that I would be used to protect people from the Japan Tsunami. My motif in my event was corruption. I designed a armor like dress from the idea of corruption. I crafted a mood board that I thought represented the concepts that I wanted to explore and color choices that I wanted to work with.




I started of creating a sketch of my design. I envisioned 3-D cubes in my design. I thought the use of
 3-D cubes on the garment would add a nice dynamic to my garment. I wanted to add an armor like boxy shape to my garment but still have a feminin touch to it. I envisioned using a print of flowers on my design.



At first I wanted to do a dress, but the amount of time that I had, I focused more on the chest piece. From the sketches I moved on to the lovely form. I never created a pattern before, so I grabbed a T-shirt and threw it over the form. I cut out pattern pieces of from the T-shirt fabric and made a pattern for my dress.


After creating the pattern, it got a little easier I just had to trace the pattern onto paper, cut out my pieces and tape/glue them together. Once I had my construction done....it got a little tedious. I started cubing like no other. I created 2 sheets of drawing paper worth of cubes. Drawing paper is 18 inches by 24 inches I think. After cubing like crazy. I painted the chest piece black. Then I cut out the flower print to fit the corset. I cut out and painted the black jagged geometric shapes then glued it to the corset. Then the glueing the cubes process began. Then I painted the cubes black on top. Lastly I added the cute little butterflies at the top.


Tadda!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment