Friday, July 13, 2012

CRUMBLING BOOK COVER PROCESS

I designed a book cover and created a special font for my book cover. I based my book cover of off how I felt toward the Japan Tsunami. The first thing I did was envisioning a font that I wanted to use on my book cover. I sketched down the font that I thought was appropriate for the book. I titled the book "Crumbling". 


After creating a font, I needed a picture that I was going to encorporate onto my book cover that related to my event. I imagined a pineapple all sliced up on my book cover. The shattered pineapple to represent how my vision of the water was shattered. I then went on a hunt to look for a pineapple in NYC. It was actually pretty easy to find a decent pineapple. I took some shoots of this epic pineapple. 


Photoshop and Illustrator were very helpful during this process. I cut the pineapple up using illustrator and collaged the image and my font to create my book cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment