Wednesday, July 25, 2012

ERUPTION EVENT PAINTING PROCESS

Volcano Eruption Event Painting 
 I painted a picture that I thought expressed how I felt during my event. Through my painting I wanted to express how I felt like erupting while watching the Japan Tsunami. I had so many emotions and thoughts rushing through my head and exploding out of my mind. I choose to paint a volcano erupting, I thought that it was a perfect representation of how I felt. The picked an image to paint and get inspiration from. 
Original Picture 

I drew the volcano on a illustration board. Then I thought about contrasting colors that I wanted to use. I tested out color palettes in my sketchbook. 



I ended up choosing the colors Ultramarine blue, Electric blue, light purple, Ivory Black, Hot pink, Cadmium Red and Yellow. The black and blue contrasted really well with the hot pink, yellow and red. The final painting expressed exactly what I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment