Monday, July 16, 2012

TOKYO CHOREOGRAPHY INSPIRATION

Dance has always been apart of my life. Dance has definitely opened me up to knew things. One of my favorite choreographers is named Tokyo. His work has influenced me a lot. His movement opens your mind and he explores space and energy in his work. His movement is unique and technical. I love watching his choreography. I would love to have lunch with him and talk about his creative process. I would want to hear what part of the music he listens to when he choreographs, where does he get his inspiration from, and how does he comes up knew movement. Tokyo's choreography has inspired me to reach out and be more free. I indulge in the concept of taking over space in my work. In all of my Tokyo's movement the body moves in a direction and doesn't stop until the body can not physically go any further. The concept of reaching a point until having to move, a sense of constant movement has always influenced my work. I apply Tokyo's influence to both my dancing, art, and fashion. Concepts that Tokyo uses such as always having a constant line and exploring space and energy is what I always try to achieve in my work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment